Gazi University Hospital - International Health Office
Gazi University The Faculty of Medicine was founded on October 2, 1979, depending on Ankara Academy of Economics and Commercial Sciences. Gazi University Faculty of Medicine,Gazi Hospital; in March 26, 1979, with a protocol that is signed between Turkey Traffic Accidents Aid Foundation and Ministry of Health and Social Welfare at Dr. Muhittin Ülker Emergency and Traumatology Hospital, it was put into service as Application and Research Hospital of Gazi University Faculty of Medicine.
Since its establishment, our hospital has adopted to respond to the increasing healthcare needs of the society by adapting to changes in the field of medicine and technology; and in 1986,it is moved to the Beşevler campus, which currently serves as the B Block. In 1994 C Block polyclinic building, in 1997 D Block; the building where bed services, laboratories and imaging units are located, was put into service.İn 2001, with the opening of the A Block to the service, our Emergency Service has a wider area and our Outpatient Chemotherapy Unit has started to serve in the same block. In 2009, our hospital has reached a capacity of 5 blocks with the opening of the E Block service units to the service.
In our hospital which has all kinds of technological devices and equipments required by modern medicine; in internal and surgical branches, advanced diagnosis and treatment of many diseases are carried out by our expert and experienced teams. Our hospital, which is among the institutions providing qualified health services in our country, is also an important education and research center in the field of health sciences.
Within the structure of Gazi University Health Research and Application Center Gazi Hospital; There are approximately 413 faculty(academic) members, 14 lecturers (academician), 23 experts, 575 research assistants, 764 nurses and 1150 administrative staff.
In our hospital with a bed capacity of 1028 (active 960), in 2016; more than 1 million patients received outpatients treatment and 65,000 patients received inpatient treatment and approximately 49,200 surgeries were performed in our surgical branches.